The competition is designed to encourage game development skills that are crucial to the future of the domestic video game industry.
Students enrolled in a post-secondary program can submit their games at the link below:
Contest Submission OPENS: March 16th, 2020
Contest Submission CLOSES: April 19th, 2020
All entries must be in a .zip file that includes the file or link to the game. You must also attach a text or Word document that includes:
- The name of the game
- The name of the institution the students attend.
- Names of all students who made the game.
- A main contact including name, email and phone number.
- The date the game was started and completed along with the name of the class (if any) and professor or instructor.
- Entry must have been developed between September 1, 2019 and end of competition period.
- Entry must have been developed by one or more people enrolled at the same institution.
- Entry must be in Zip format and must be able to be run on Microsoft Windows based computers.
- Entry must be in English or French.
- Entry must be the entrants’ original idea and cannot be a modification of an existing game.
- Entries cannot contain sexually explicit or offensive material.
- Entries must not contain material that violates other’s rights such as privacy or that would infringe copyright laws and must not contain the likeness of an individual without the person’s express consent.
- Specific game entries can only be submitted once in the lifetime of the Canadian Student Videogame Competition.
- For more detailed regulations, please see our rules and regulations document.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates and to see the winners announced.
For more information about this competition, contact Jayson Hilchie at email@example.com.